Legal And Privacy Information
NOTE: The information contained on the MediBoard Ltd web site is intended for users in New Zealand only.
For information about the New Zealand Privacy Act and how it protects all personal information in New Zealand, click here.
Your privacy on the Internet is important to us. Because the Internet offers the ability to collect certain types of information about users, we want you to understand the terms and conditions surrounding the collection and use of any information we gather. To that end, this privacy statement discloses what information we gather, how we use it, and how to correct or change it.
MediBoard Ltd operates web services and in doing so we may gather two types of information about users including you (“you”):
- personal information, provided by you at the time of voluntary registration for the services we offer such as [e.g. name, address, contact details, date of birth … ]. Failure to provide necessary personal information when requested may result in certain services not being available to you; and
- aggregated information generated by our systems, which tracks traffic to our sites but does not relate to you personally. This information will be collected from you and other sources such as third parties you authorise us to contact.Information that is collected will be stored on cloud storage systems which may be located overseas. We will ensure that if the information is held overseas that it will be in jurisdictions with privacy laws that are similar to New Zealand. You authorise us to hold your personal information in overseas jurisdictions with similar privacy laws to New Zealand.
We may disclose
- aggregated tracking information and other information that does not personally identify you, to third parties such as our advertisers and partners;
- your personal information to third parties when we believe in good faith that we are required to do so by law;
- your personal information to third parties provided we have your prior authorisation, which we will usually obtain at the time of collecting the information from you.
We use the personal information we collect:
- for verification of your identity and assisting you in case you forget your password or login details for our registration services;
- to assist in providing the services requested by you;
- to provide further information to you about other websites and services or which we consider may be of interest to you;
- for future marketing, promotional and publicity purposes, including to carry out direct marketing, market research and surveys;
- for ensuring that you are shown the advertising and information that is most relevant to you and your interests; and
- for any other uses that you authorise.
Cookies and Tracking
We may use a cookie file containing information that can identify the computer you are working from. The cookie file is anonymous as it only gives us details of your IP address, PC platform (Windows, NT or Mac), Browser (eg. Microsoft, Netscape or other, plus the version of Browser) and domain (whether you are accessing the site from NZ or elsewhere).
We may use the information generated by “cookies” to:
- track traffic patterns to and from our site;
- ensure advertising is being shown to the most appropriate person; and
- enable you to enter our sites and use certain services as a member without having to log on each time and to visit member-restricted areas of the site.
Content Providers, Advertisers and Partners
We do not control the practices of content providers, partners and advertisers connected with our sites and to whom you provide personal information whilst using one of our sites or services.
Our sites contain links to other sites, which may not follow the same privacy policies as us. We recommend that you check any relevant privacy policies before providing your personal information to any third party.
Opting In and Opting Out
- opt out and not receive certain services or participate in certain interactive areas; or
- opt in, for example agreeing to be contacted by us in relation to certain matters such as notification of new features to the website, beta testing or promotional activities.
Changes to Policy
Holding, Correcting and Updating
Under the Privacy Act 1993 you have rights of access to and correction of personal information that we hold. We offer the ability to correct or change the information collected at any time and as often as necessary. If you have any questions about how our services work or regarding this statement, contact us by email at [email protected]. We may charge you our reasonable costs of providing to you copies of your personal information or correcting that information.
For information about New Zealand’s Privacy Act 1993 and how it protects the personal information of individuals in New Zealand, click here.
Terms and Conditions of Use
This site is owned, managed and operated by MediBoard Ltd
These terms and conditions (T&C) apply to all users of this Site and its associated services. By using the Site you will be deemed to agree to these T&C without qualification. If you do not agree to be bound by these T&C, please do not use the Site or continue to use the Site.
Username and Password
Users of the personalised sections of the site will be allocated a username and password which must be used whenever requested. The username and password are personal to you and you agree at all times to maintain the confidentiality of your username and password and not to disclose them to any third party. You agree that you are solely responsible for any use of the Site by any person using your username and password. You agree to indemnify MediBoard Ltd against any and all claims arising out of your failure to maintain the confidentiality of your username or password. MediBoard Ltd reserves the right to suspend or terminate your access rights if you are not complying with these T&C.
You understand that MediBoard Ltd may for security and technical reasons at any time in its sole discretion and without prior notice to you, prohibit or restrict your access to the Site. MediBoard Ltd will notify you as soon as possible of any restriction to your access rights.
You agree that MediBoard Ltd provides no advice or endorsement of any kind and nor do we give any advice or offer any opinion with regard to the value or suitability of any particular transaction or course of action.
The availability of information through the Site does not constitute a recommendation by MediBoard Ltd to enter into any transaction or follow any course of action. Any decision that you make must be based solely on your own evaluation of your circumstances and objectives.
MediBoard Ltd recommends that you independently verify the accuracy, currency or reliability of any information made available via the Service and upon which you intend to rely.
Information and warranties
MediBoard Ltd and it’s information contributors and associated service providers do not give any warranty whatsoever, including without limitation, as to the availability, accuracy, completeness, currency or reliability of the information or services made available via the Site and expressly disclaim (to the maximum extent permitted in law) all liability for any damage or loss resulting from your use of, or reliance on the Site or the information provided via the Site. The site services and information are provided on an “as is” basis. MediBoard Ltd makes no warranty that the Site will be free from viruses or any kind of malicious code whatsoever.
The Site includes content provided by third parties. For such content, MediBoard Ltd is a distributor and not a publisher.
No link appearing in the Content and no linked site are endorsed by MediBoard Ltd and no responsibility is taken for material on any linked site. You agree that by accessing any linked site you are doing so at your own risk and you agree to fully indemnify MediBoard Ltd against any liability arising out of your accessing any linked site.
You acknowledge that MediBoard Ltd is the proprietor or the authorised user of the copyright, trade marks and all other intellectual property rights (IP Rights) in the software, text, graphics and other material (Content) displayed or available through the Site. Unauthorised use of the Content is strictly prohibited and may infringe the IP Rights in the Content. Subject to these T&C, MediBoard Ltd grants to you a non-exclusive and non-transferable single user licence to use the Content for your own private and non-commercial purposes.
No content may be reproduced, published or transmitted in any manner without the prior written consent of Family Health Diary. In particular and without limitation, you may not without prior written permission from MediBoard Ltd: archive the Content or any part of it; form a database whether electronically or otherwise by systematically downloading or storing all or any of the Content; redistribute or republish the Content; or link to the Site including (without limitation) linking in any way which frames the Site; replicates the Site or misleads any person regarding any association with the Site.
You acknowledge that your use of the Site and associated services may be subject to interruption or delay. Due to the nature of the Internet and mobile phone communications, MediBoard Ltd and it’s service providers do not make any warranty that the Site or services will be error free, without interruption or delay or free from defects in design or engineering.
Under no circumstances will MediBoard Ltd be liable for:
- any decision made or action or non-action taken by you in reliance upon the information provided on or through the Site;
- any direct, indirect or consequential damage, loss, cost or expense (including, without limitation, damage to property, injury to persons, loss of profits, loss of data or revenue, loss of use, lost business or missed opportunities, wasted expenditure or savings) arising from or in relation to the use of the Site.
To the maximum extent permitted in law you specifically agree to indemnify and hold MediBoard Ltd harmless from any and all claims relating to your use of the Site or its use by any person on your behalf. For the purposes of this paragraph Site means and includes any linked site.
You acknowledge that you have read and understood and agree to the terms of the Privacy Statement.
The illegality, invalidity or unenforceability of any part of the T&C will not affect the legality, validity or enforceability of the remainder. Variations MediBoard Ltd may vary these T&C from time to time. By continuing to use the Site after a Variation has been posted on the Site or after you have been notified of a Variation you will be deemed to agree to the varied T&C.
MediBoard Ltd may immediately terminate this agreement without liability if it reasonably believes you are in breach of these T&C or wishes to withdraw the Site or any part of it.
These T&C and your use of the Site will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of New Zealand and you submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the New Zealand Courts.